10 Superfoods That Will Help You Lose Weight and Look Younger
May 13th, 2011
If you are trying to lose weight, you should know that there is no magic bullet that will instantly take the excess pounds off. It takes determination, healthy choices and a good dose of exercise; however, there are certain foods that can help accelerate your weight loss efforts, while improving the look of your hair and skin, which will make you look at least 10 years younger. “Superfoods” may be an overused marketing term, but they will go a long way towards you achieving your weight loss goals.
1) Romaine Lettuce: This is a better choice than other lettuce types because it is full of vitamins A, B6, C, and K. It is also a good source of dietary fibre, which helps fill you up faster.
2) Pomegranate: This could be one of the best natural foods on the planet. Full of antioxidants, they help fight free radicals, which are known to cause cancer. They are also full of fibre, vitamin C and K. They also come in juice and tea form.
3) Berries: Any kind of berry is a great food to aid in weight loss: raspberries, cranberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries are all full of antioxidants and vitamins. They are great as a snack, sprinkled on your morning cereal, mixed in with your yogurt or blended in a smoothie.
4) Nuts: Walnuts and almonds are among the best; they are high in Omega-3 fatty acids which provides your skin with young-looking radiance. Omega-3 also protects against heart disease and other illnesses. They also contain protein, which is important for keeping muscles strong and vital.
5) Olive Oil: The monounsaturated fat can help reduce the ‘bad’ cholesterol levels and provide you with the essential Omega-3 fatty acids. You only need one tablespoon a day to get all of the health benefits.
6) Fresh Water Fish: Halibut, salmon, and tuna are among the best choices and should be eaten two or three times a week. They contain a healthy dose of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, as well as protein, potassium, selenium and B12. Fish is known as ‘brain food’ and has been shown to improve memory.
7) Red Onions: These contain allyl propyl disulfide, chromium and flavinoids which provide many health benefits including cardiovascular health, controlling blood sugar levels, protecting bones and gastrointestinal health. These should be a staple food in your kitchen.
8) Broccoli: High in calcium and vitamin C, this power vegetable can help prevent the onset of cataracts as well as diffuse the common cold.
9) Avocado: This is high in monounsaturated fat and Omega-3 fatty acids. It can help to regulate blood pressure and lower cholesterol. It is also believed to help prevent prostrate and breast cancer.
10) Sweet Potatoes: This is a great alternative to regular potatoes because of their fibre content. They are also rich in vitamin C, while containing no fat.
These foods will help you incorporate a healthy diet, keep you disease-free and have you looking at least 10 years younger. Your skin will have a radiant glow, your nails will be stronger and less brittle and your hair will shine with health. In all likelihood, your insurance company will even lower your health insurance premiums since you are healthier and the chances they will have to pay out is reduced.
Being a father of two kids requires Johnny Guyzer to be smart with his finances if he wants his family to do well in the future. By using a price comparison service he found online, he was able to get the lowest rate for life quotes and Canadian travel insurance by comparing quotes offered by various insurance companies.