9 Super Foods to Keep Your Skin Looking Younger and Healthier
March 1st, 2011
By Rick R O’Neil
When you eat the right foods you are more likely to assure that your skin is going to be plump, more youthful, and beautiful. Recent research completed in the United Kingdom confirmed how directly our eating habits impact and define our physical appearance. Of the two groups studied, the group of people that ate a diet devoid of nutrients and loaded with bad fats and refined carbs had more obvious lines and wrinkles on their skin. They also exhibited less sheen and elasticity in their skin. The group that consumed a healthier diet, particularly rich in vitamin C, was proven to possess glowing skin and the signs of aging like lines and wrinkles had been substantially lowered.
A proper diet plan can help us maintain a balanced lifestyle in many ways. Because you don’t want to have creases on your face or skin, you should know what wrinkle reducing foods are good to eat. Here are nine suggestions.
1. Spinach, Kale and other green leafy vegetables are good as they contain lutein that can help supply the skin with important antioxidant by maintaining hydration and firmness in the skin. Ultimately, you should consume around 10mg or about 4 ounces of dark, leafy vegetables per day.
2. Beans and other legumes are another skin loving food because they are abundant in antioxidants. Among the numerous types of legumes, red pinto beans work most effectively because it offers the top number of antioxidants that assists replace weakened collagen from the skin.
3. Tomatoes are another because just like pinto beans they’ve antioxidants plus lycopene. A new substance in which cuts down on risk of developing cancer along with is more powerful when compared with Vitamin e antioxidant supplements that are used to help the epidermis remain healthy. One of the benefits with regards to eating tomato plants is you can eat this particular as well as pasta, greens or a sandwich.
4. Besides vegetables, turkey helps prevent wrinkles because it’s full of Vitamin B. It even offers proteins that slow down the skin function commonly known as cross-linking. So don’t wait until Thanksgiving to include this for a diet plan.
5. Goji berries are abundant in vitamin C that will help battle the free radicals that damage the actual skin. Believe it or not, they have 500 times more vitamin C in every ounce than what you get from oranges. It also has antioxidants from abundant B complex vitamins including B1, B2, B6 and vitamin E as well as linoleic acid, a vital fat that plumps the skin helping it to look smoother and young.
6. Flax seed can be rich in omega-3 & omega-6 fatty acids. You’ll be able to mix this with other dishes especially baked foods or snacks. Your skin cells will seem to plump when eating flaxseed. This in turn will hide the wrinkles and fine likes by filling them in.
7. Olive Oil. Research suggest that if older people avoid using margarine, butter and other bad fats and replace them with Olive Oil, fewer wrinkles are present on their skin.
8. Many people know chocolates just as being an enjoyable snack or even as a treat. Nevertheless few of us are aware that this particular food contains polyphenol, the chemical that eliminates active oxygen from the body and that causes aging. Beyond that, it can also protect against harmful Ultra-violet and this is another of the many causes of damaged skin. Be careful, however, the added sweeteners and sugar that make chocolate so irresistible can actually prevent collagen from performing its duties.
9. Salmon exactly like flax seed contains Omega-3 essential fatty acids which decrease swelling and helps lubricate skin.
This is just a start. There are more things that you will need to know to successfully avoid facial lines from ever starting. You need to consult with your doctor or do some research by yourself so you will know what to buy when planning your daily diet.
Aside from diet and eating habits, a person shouldn’t forget to exercise regularly and drink plenty of water so your epidermis can remain flexible and hydrated at all times. An individual shouldn’t drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes because avoiding them will help the skin stay younger and free of lines and wrinkles.
There are many wrinkle preventing food items all around us. Know well what to look for and then be sure to bring them home next time you go to the grocery store.
Hopefully you’ve found this article on foods to help battling wrinkles both educational and helpful. If it is too late for you to prevent wrinkles, there are a number of websites and information available that will explain more about anti-aging skin creams at Stem Cell Therapy Cream Reviews.